Dedicated to delivering the latest news, features, editorials, commentary, archaeological interpretation and excavations relevant to the study of the Bible for the public and biblical scholars.
http://www.bibleinterp.com/index.shtml - 07/28/15 17:25:32 - 12/03/04 07:46:46
- Heresy in Earliest Christianity
- Arab MK denies Temple Mount ever held a temple Times of Israel: July 28, 2015
- Canaanite rulers liked their wine jars: Vast collection found at Tel Kabri Haaretz: July 28, 2015
- Faith and science can find common ground Nature: July 28, 2015
- Satanic sculpture unveiling in Detroit sparks protests Week: July 28, 2015
- Netanyahu shown 2,000-year-old Book of Lamentations scroll Ynetnews: July 26, 2015
By Robert M. Royalty, Jr.
Heresy is a word that does not need explanation. Unlike more technical theological terms such as atonement, Christology, ecclesiology, or even apostasy, “heresy” and “heretical” are used widely in popular discourse for people and ideas that go against common wisdom, common sense, mainstream politics, or any other form of standard operating procedure.
- Archaeologists find possible evidence of earliest human agriculture Guardian: July 27, 2015
- Chickens first commercialized in Israel 2,300 years ago, researchers say JPost: July 27, 2015
- ‘Science Supports Genesis’: Geneticist Says Evidence Confirms Biblical Adam and Eve Christian News: July 27, 2015
- Is Orthodox Judaism on the verge of a historic schism? Haaretz: July 27, 2015
- Shikhin Excavations with James R. Strange Ancient Jew Review: July 22, 2015
- Wrapping Up Ashkelon’s 2015 Season BAS: July 23, 2015
- Getting the gist of a ‘historical’ Jesus: the Jesus Seminar 30 years on Conversation: July 24, 2015
- DR. CUMMINGS: English religious texts are not the ‘originals,’ have ‘obvious contradictions’ Telegraph: July 19, 2015
- Dead Sea Copy of Lamentations to Be Displayed for First Time Arutz Sheva: July 24, 2015
- Why Academic Biblical Scholars Must Fight Creationism
- Scientists Find Evidence of Small-Scale Farming 23,000 Years Ago in Israel Sci-News: July 23, 2015
- Move over Kentucky, Israel had the original recipe chicken: Bone discovery suggests Maresha was the first to use the bird as food Daily Mail: July 22, 2015
- On reading the Mishnah D. Miller: July 19, 2015
By Hector Avalos
Months before the famous debate on February 4, 2014 between creationist Ken Ham, and science educator Bill Nye, I agreed to a debate with another creationist that took place on February 16, 2014 in a High School in Indianola, Iowa.
The debate was with Juan Valdes, a minister from Miami who is completing a doctoral degree in Christian apologetics through Southern Evangelical Seminary.
- Catholics can benefit from Protestant Scripture scholar’s book Catholic Philly: July 21, 2015
- Oldest Biblical text since the Dead Sea Scrolls deciphered from charcoal scroll Ancient Origins: July 22, 2015
- How the Scopes trial created the “Bible Belt” RNS: July 21, 2015
- Magdala, the Home Town of Mary Magdalene, Is Being Resurrected Aletia: July 22, 2015
- Charred Remains of 1,500-Year-Old Hebrew Scroll Deciphered Live Science: July 20, 2015
- How To Get Rid of Cursed Treasure
- Emperor Julian and the Jews: UC professor explores how a Roman emperor might have changed history U of C: July 20, 2015
- Duke Divinity dean steps down early Herald Sun: July 21, 2015
- What Did You Find this Summer at the Mount Zion Dig? James Tabor: July 20, 2015
- Archaeologists Discover that Ancient Scroll is Chapter of Leviticus Jewish Press: July 19, 2015
- Mark Chavalas: Ration list offers look at life in biblical times La Crosse Tribune: July 19, 2015
- Birthplace Of The First Hungarian Bible Marks 425 Years Since Completion Of Work Of “Epic Dimensions” Hungary Today: July 20, 2015
- Interviews from the Jerusalem Chamber PEF: July 16, 2105
- Creationists Take Down Another Top Professor
Daily Beast: July 19, 2015
- The Temple Mount red heifer saga: Engineering the apocalypse?
Haaretz: July 19, 2015
- Mosaic with Bible inscription found in Adana Daily Sabah: July 16, 2015
- The Quest To Reintroduce Biblical Sheep To Israel Modern Farmer: July 16, 2015
- Dog Days of Summer: The Rising of the Dog Star, Sirius Ancient Origins: July 16, 2015
- An Ancient Jewish Lamp Workshop in the Galilee BAS: July 8, 2015
- Sir Leonard Woolley and Ur of the Chaldees
- Mosaic of Alexander the Great meeting a Jewish priest is the first ever non-biblical scene to be discovered inside a synagogue Daily Mail: July 15, 2015
- Jordan and Palestine dispute Jesus's baptism site after Unesco designation Newsweek: July 15, 2015
- Jerusalem ranks No. 10 on travel bucket list Times of Israel: July 13, 2015
- Glick: We’re here to protest against apartheid on the Temple Mount JPost: July 14, 2015
- Parchment Manuscripts Discovered at Oxyrhynchus 2Brice C. Jones: July 15, 2015
By Harriet Crawford
The gold jewellery of Troy is always linked to the name of Heinrich Schliemann and the treasures of the Royal cemetery of Ur are always linked to the name of Leonard Woolley ( Winstone 1990). So who was he and how did this come about?
Woolley’s journey to Ur began with a series of happy accidents. He was born in 1880 and came from a large and impoverished family which lived in north-east London where his father, a vicar, had a parish.