In the market of domestic air-conditioning, split system installations have gained a lot of popularity. With their property of cooling the whole house and higher efficiency, installation of split air air-conditioning has been on rise. But right size of the split AC system plays an important role in deciding this efficiency of domestic air conditioning company. A smaller size of split AC might not cool the room to the desired temperature, while a bigger size of the AC will consume more power, thereby increasing the energy cost of the operation.
Factors affecting the size of split system installations
- Climate: The climate of the area is one factor which affects the size of the installation. Elevation and location of the house should be considered while selecting the unit. Also, the humidity factor should be taken into account while finalizing the AC size.
- Size of the House: Size of the area plays an important role in deciding the Size of the split AC systems. A bigger area calls for bigger size of the cooling system. As a thumb rule, 10 square meter of area needs 1-1.5 KW of power to cool it. This power requirement can change with the insulation and climate an expert’s opinion can give the better idea about the size needed.
- Insulation of the house: Houses can be very well-insulated or they can be without any insulation. The well-insulated houses are better able to retain the cool air and hence need smaller size AC units compared to the uninsulated house.
- Number of occupants: The more occupants in the house, the more air circulation might be needed to cool the same room. Check here http://www.eeswa.com.au/split-systems/ for more split systems. The public halls and things like that need bigger size as compared to the family room or bedroom.
- Type of flooring: Similarly the floor types also play an important role. The rate of cooling is different for the wooden flooring, cement floor, marble and brick, and hence the different size of AC units needed for the similar sized rooms with different floorings.
- Ceiling Area and Height of Ceiling: This usually doesn’t play an important role unless the ceilings are very high. If the height of the room is huge, the volume of air in the room increases, therefore increasing the cooling requirement of the AC unit.
Some Other factors while deciding the Split AC
- Reverse cycle: This feature allows the AC to cool the room in summers and keep it warm in winters.
- Air purifier: This is an important feature for someone suffering from allergies as the Air purifiers can provide a cleaner and more comfortable environment with reverse cycle air conditioning installers within the home.
- Timer and Remote operation: These two features are especially useful as they allow the user to set the operation as per requirement.
- Humidity control: This function is can be very useful in tropical climates or for the people who needs controlled humidity for health reasons.
There are many options available in the market. Right choice is dependent upon a variety of factors. An expert can help in understanding the right size and choice of Split AC.