http://www.polygenicpathways.co.uk/childob.htm - Mar 22, 2013 1:09:50 PM - Mar 7, 2011 3:53:41 PM
Adult FTO ZNF248 RTN4 ITPR3 TRAM1L1 MUC15 FBN2 RARB PRF1 C20orf133 MLN RAFTLIN FLJ20309 (
For KEGG pathways
- Non-adherence to the mediterranean diet has been liked to childhood obesity in Greece (The GRECO study)Farajian et al, 2011
- Proximity to fast food outlets predicts fatness in boys Chiang et al, 2011
- Early gut microbiota modulation with probiotics may modify the growth pattern of the child by restraining excessive weight gain during the first years of life Luoto et al, 2010.
- The use of antibiotics in infancy influences the risk of overweight in later childhood (microbiome related) Ajslev et al, 2011.
- Birthweight = 2.5 kg and = 4 kg, early introduction of solid foods and low physical activity were associated with obesity as were Maternal and grandmother's obesity, fewer children in the household, higher parental education, household income and the presence of familial obesity Saker et al, 2011
- Encouraging less sedentary behavior and higher levels of physical activity could alleviate the influence of risk alleles on the genetic predisposition to childhood obesity (noted for BDNF and MC4R) Xi et al, 2011 and for FTO Kilpeläinen et al, 2011
- Childhood obesity has been related to standing posture Smith et al, 2011
- Childhood sexual abuse has been associated with a higher risk of dyslipidemia and abdominal obesity van Reedt Dortland et al, 2011.
- Deficiency of the essential metal zinc decreases adiposity in humans and rodent models, and deficiencies of chromium, copper, iron, and magnesium increases adiposity : Barium and thallium levels positively associated with obesity : Lead, cadmium, cobalt and cesium were negatively correlated with obesity Padilla et al, 2010
- Adolescent participation in summer camps including regular physical activity reduces the subsequent risk of obesity Mahoney, 2011
- Obesity is associated with an increased risk of allergic disease in childhood Murray et al, 2011.
- Maternal smoking during pregnancy and maternal and paternal heavy smoking increase the risk of childhood obesity and short stature Koshy et al, 2011
- childhood obesity is associated with higher blood pressures and greater circulating cholesterol levels independently of physical activity McMurray et al, 1995
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease is associated with extreme childhood obesity Koebnick et al, 2011
- Developmental coordination disorder has been associated with childhood obesity Wagner et al, 2011
- Height and obesity during childhood was associated with increased risk of colorextal adenoma later in life in women Nimptsch et al, 2011
- High circulating levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone Stichel et al, 2000
- Chronic lead exposure in childhood may result in obesity that persists into adulthood Kim et al, 1995.