http://www.polygenicpathways.co.uk/childob.htm - Mar 22, 2013 1:09:50 PM - Mar 7, 2011 3:53:41 PM
- Association with atention deficit hyperactivity disorder Koshy et al, 2011
- IDEFICS - Identification and prevention of Dietary- and lifestyle-induced health Effects In Children and infants
The association between FAIM2 , NPC1, FTO , MC4R or BDNF and obesity risk was only observed in children who had moderate-to-low physical activity levels or engaged in sedentary behavior, regardless of which risk alleles they carried. See also Beyerlein et al, 2011
- Maternal depression may affect childhood obesity Duarte et al, 2012
- Prenatal exposure to high magnetic fields has been associated with obesity Li et al, 2012
- Maternal vitamin D deficiency in pregnancy has been linked to the devlopment of adiposity in the offspring Crozier et al, 2012
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon exposure during pregnancy has been associated with obesity n the offspring Rundle et al, 2012,
- Tobacco smoke exposure before, during, and after pregnancy is a risk factor for the development of childhood overweight Raum et al, 2011
- . Exposure to antibiotics during the first 6 months of life is associated with consistent increases in body mass from 10 to 38 months. Trasande et al, 2012
- improvements in fitness from childhood to adolescence are associated with a lower risk of becoming overweight/obese in adolescence Ortega et al, 2011. T
- Kidney stone risk may be related to obesity in youth Borysewicz-Sanczyk et al 2012
- Urinary bisphenol A concentrations have been associated with childhood obesity Trasande et al, 2012.
- Childhood obesity is less of a problem in families who spent more time engaged with each other during the meal, expressed more positive communication, and considered mealtimes more important and meaningful Fiese et al, 2012
- A higher number of bacteria in the oral microbiome has been associated with adolescent obesity: Campylobacter rectus and Neisseria mucosa were present in sixfold higher amounts among obese subjects Zeigler et al, 2012.
HOXB5 OLFM4 Bradfield et al, 2012
- Informal child care has been associated with childhood obesity Lin et al, 2011
- Prenatal exposure to natural disasters increases risk for obesity in 5½-year-old children Dancause et al, 2012
Adult FTO ZNF248 RTN4 ITPR3 TRAM1L1 MUC15 FBN2 RARB PRF1 C20orf133 MLN RAFTLIN FLJ20309 (
For KEGG pathways
- Non-adherence to the mediterranean diet has been liked to childhood obesity in Greece (The GRECO study)Farajian et al, 2011
- Proximity to fast food outlets predicts fatness in boys Chiang et al, 2011
- Early gut microbiota modulation with probiotics may modify the growth pattern of the child by restraining excessive weight gain during the first years of life Luoto et al, 2010.
- The use of antibiotics in infancy influences the risk of overweight in later childhood (microbiome related) Ajslev et al, 2011.
- Birthweight = 2.5 kg and = 4 kg, early introduction of solid foods and low physical activity were associated with obesity as were Maternal and grandmother's obesity, fewer children in the household, higher parental education, household income and the presence of familial obesity Saker et al, 2011
- Encouraging less sedentary behavior and higher levels of physical activity could alleviate the influence of risk alleles on the genetic predisposition to childhood obesity (noted for BDNF and MC4R) Xi et al, 2011 and for FTO Kilpeläinen et al, 2011
- Childhood obesity has been related to standing posture Smith et al, 2011
- Childhood sexual abuse has been associated with a higher risk of dyslipidemia and abdominal obesity van Reedt Dortland et al, 2011.
- Deficiency of the essential metal zinc decreases adiposity in humans and rodent models, and deficiencies of chromium, copper, iron, and magnesium increases adiposity : Barium and thallium levels positively associated with obesity : Lead, cadmium, cobalt and cesium were negatively correlated with obesity Padilla et al, 2010
- Adolescent participation in summer camps including regular physical activity reduces the subsequent risk of obesity Mahoney, 2011
- Obesity is associated with an increased risk of allergic disease in childhood Murray et al, 2011.
- Maternal smoking during pregnancy and maternal and paternal heavy smoking increase the risk of childhood obesity and short stature Koshy et al, 2011
- childhood obesity is associated with higher blood pressures and greater circulating cholesterol levels independently of physical activity McMurray et al, 1995
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease is associated with extreme childhood obesity Koebnick et al, 2011
- Developmental coordination disorder has been associated with childhood obesity Wagner et al, 2011
- Height and obesity during childhood was associated with increased risk of colorextal adenoma later in life in women Nimptsch et al, 2011
- High circulating levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone Stichel et al, 2000
- Chronic lead exposure in childhood may result in obesity that persists into adulthood Kim et al, 1995.