http://www.datadial.net/blog/index.php/category/internet-marketing/search-engine-optimisation/ - Sep 19, 2014 11:26:35 PM - Aug 11, 2011 4:43:17 PM
So it’s no surprise that every small announcement of changes to their algorithm now gets picked up upon quickly and generates a rush to ‘comply’ regardless of the detail.
So our advice is to implement HTTPs on your site only if you feel it is required for other reasons than just search (eg customer confidence), we have outlined the possible pros and cons for you below,
– Pushstate is a great funtion for an existing one page parallax scrolling website that needs to be optimised for search.
– It is a bit of an analytics fail. Scrolling through each of the sections will send signals to your analytics packages that users are bouncing or exiting content very quickly. Again, this might not be a huge issue for small businesses or mini sites that use the function for branding or simply referring traffic.
– Beneficial for analytical software because each URL has its own content. Tracking can be placed across all the pages making setting up conversion goals and understanding user behaviour much easier.
– It doesn’t exactly follow the parallax scrolling trend and is therefore not as effective for telling potential of a brands story.
– Keeps the website light and flexible, making it easier to maintain and design whilst being more affordable than the previous two options.
– Creativity is kept in a box and fails to make the whole website UX and super interactive experience.