http://www.polygenicpathways.co.uk/cfatme.htm - Jun 7, 2013 8:41:27 AM - Mar 7, 2011 3:54:33 PM
- Chronic fatigue reported to correlate with serum leptin levels Stringer et al, 2013
April 14, 2013
March 24, 2013
- There appears to be a link between a number of functional somatic syndromes including interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome, fibromyalgia , chronic fatigue syndrome , irritable bowel syndrome, chronic pelvic pain, migraine, sicca / Sjogren syndrome and panic disorder, whereby antecedence of one syndrome predisposes to the subsequent development of another, suggesting a potential common underlying cause Warren et al, 2013
January 1, 2013
- Protein and lipid oxidation levels reportedly higher in female chronic fatigue patients Tomic et al, 2012
December 9, 2012
- Chronic fatigue syndrome is relatively common in patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (Connective tissue disorder)
- Fatigue is commonly reported in patients with immune-mediated neuropathies, (Guillain-Barré syndrome, chronic immune-mediated demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy, monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance related polyneuropathy, and multifocal motor neuropathy Merkies and Faber, 2012.
December 7, 2012
AFAP1 ARHGAP20 C10ORF59 CFLP1 CLYBL DGKH (BG220650.1 blasted) DTX4 FBXO42 FLJ41278 FRA10AC1 GRIK2 GRIN2B HS6ST3 KCNJ6 KLHL32 KRTHA3A LILRB4 LOC100131813 LOC100507140 LOC642587 MAGI3 MSH3 MTAP NLRP11 NLRP13 NPAS2 OTOG PIP5K1B PPFIBP1 RASGRF2 SCN8A SIX6 SLC5A12 TCERG1 TECTB
- Associated with HHV-6 and HHV-7 herpes virus reactivation Chapenko et al,2006
- and with herpesvirus-6, -7 (HHV-6, HHV-7) and parvovirus B19 Chapenko et al, 2012
- Associated with Nipah virus infection
- Parental physical abuse , childhood gastrointestinal symptoms and parental reports of many colds have been assocaited with chronic fatigue
- Chronic fatigue syndrome is relatively common in patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (Connective tissue dsorder) Castori et al, 2011
- Co-expression patterns in cytokines (IL6, IL8, IL23, IL2, IL1A and IFNG) associated with Th17 function may act as markers in post-infectious chronic fatigue syndrome Broderick et al, 2012.
- Proinflammatory cytokine and neopterin levels higher in CFS patients Maes et al, 2012
- IgM antibodies to palmitic and myristic acid and S-farnesyl-L-cysteine and NO-phenylalanine in CFS sera Maes et al, 2012
- Reduced expression of microRNA's miR-21, in natural killer and CD8(+)T cells in CFS/ME sufferers and reduced expression of miR-17-5p, miR-10a, miR-103, miR-152, miR-146a, miR-106, miR-223 and miR-191 in natural killer cells Brenu et al, 2012.
- Atopic diseases can increase the risk of developing chronic fatigue Hunskar et al, 2012
October 14, 2012
- Fatigue worsens during treatment with peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin and subsequently improved folloing succesful therapy Sarkar et al, 2012
- attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder may be common in chronic fatigue patients Sáez-Francàs et al, 2012
- Chronic fatigue has been associated with an increased risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma and certain other cancers Chang et al, 2012
- Cryoglobulinemia ( immunoglobulins that precipitate in blood ) can cause fatigue Takada et al, 2012
- IgM antibodies to palmitic and myristic acid and S-farnesyl-L-cysteine Maes et al, 2012
July 5, 2012
- also observed for fibromyalgia Mohammad et al, 2012
- Fibromyalgia is common in patients with rheumatoid arthritis Kapoor et al, 2011
- "Chronic fatigue symptoms overlap with systemic hyperalgesia (fibromyalgia), autonomic dysfunction (irritable bowel syndrome and migraine headaches), sensory hypersensitivity (dyspnea; congestion; rhinorrhea; and appreciation of visceral nociception in the esophagus, gastrointestinal tract, bladder, and other organs), and central nervous system maladaptations (central sensitization) recorded by functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI). Neurological dysfunction may account for the overlap with idiopathic nonallergic rhinopathy" Baraniuk and Zheng, 2010.
April 15, 2012