Extensive, frank information about Meniere's Disease for patients, their families, and their doctors. What is Meniere's Disease? What is the cause? What is the cure? What is the treatment? What is the prognosis?
http://www.menieresinfo.com/index.html - May 20, 2013 9:21:22 AM - Jun 2, 2010 3:16:04 PM
Friday, May 17, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
. . . . . .
Sunday, April 07, 2013
Saturday, January 05, 2013
- control vertigo and resultant nausea.
Tuesday, January 01, 2013 Copyright © 1997-2013 Meniere's Disease Information Center. All rights are reserved.
Copyright © 1997-2013 Meniere's Disease Information Center. All rights are reserved.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
- Added to the Treatment Page under Treatment With Medicine.
- Dramamine (but not Dramamine II or Dramamine Less Drowsy Formula), Gravol (Canada) (dimenhydrinate).
- Dramamine (but not Dramamine II or Dramamine Less Drowsy Formula) and Gravol (Canada) are brand names for the antihistamine dimenhydrinate, which is also a vestibular sedative, the purpose of which in the treatment of Meniere's Disease is to prevent or reduce vertigo and hence the resultant nausea by sedating the vestibular system. Names and formulations vary and are subject to change; be sure to read the ingredients and potency listed on the package.
- Compazine, stemzine, buccastem, stemetil, phenotil (prochlorperazine).
Monday, November 26, 2012
- Added to the Treatment Page under Treatment by Identifying and Avoiding Triggers of Symptoms
- Sound can induce dizziness in the Meniere's patient (as well as in patients with certain other disorders). Sound-induced dizziness is sometimes call Tullio's Syndrome or Tullio's Phenomenon.
- Dr. Timothy Hain -- Sound-induced dizziness, or Tullio's Phenomenon, can occur in five different disorders, including Meniere's Disease.
- Click here to search PubMed for Meniere's Disease and Tullio.