http://www.skokielibrary.info/s_new/index.asp - Jun 18, 2013 5:19:53 PM - Dec 2, 2004 12:10:10 PM
May 19 thru June 1, 2013
- The Summer 2013 edition of the Update is now available and is full of exciting events at the Library!
- Our Youth Services department has many, many wonderful programs and activities for kids planned for June and July!
- We have a job opening for a part-time Youth Services Computer Lab Assistant.
- The VOYA (Voice of Youth Award) booklists for 2013-14 are now available.
- The Spring 2013 edition of the AV Newsletter is now available.
- will continue during the summer with movies scheduled each month.
- Congratulations to the winner of the 2012 Nebula Award.
May 12 thru May 18, 2013
April 28 thru May 4, 2013
- To get you ready for our Dan Brown LIVE from Lincoln Center event on Wednesday, May 15, we've created a readalike booklist for his novels.
- Skokie card holders can reserve titles on our Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray list.. Some titles scheduled for release in July and August are already building reserve lists.
April 14 thru April 20, 2013
- We've added a new database to our collection. The Careers College is a job search education and career resource center. The portal blends online educational learning modules, job search tools, and complementary career resources to help you navigate the job search process and land the ideal job. The site has sections on Conducting the Job Search, Preparing for Job Interviews, Resume Templates, and more.
- Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 15 for Dan Brown LIVE from Lincoln Center!
- The latest edition of our Mystery Authors You May Have Missed newsletter featuresLev Raphael
- Congratulations to the winner of this year's Pulitzer Prize for Fiction!
- If you have on reserve, try a viewalike while you wait.
March 24 thru March 30, 2013
- If you have a Skokie Library card you can reserve Upcoming Bestsellers that will be released in the next few months.
- We've created a new booklist called Not the Number on the Scale. The characters in these books may have weight issues, but their journeys to discover who they are outside of that number on the scale is what really unites them.